Sho Space

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Typical Shoshannah Moment

So, the phone rings the other day and shows a Texas number. The guy on the other line has a Texas drawl so I think it's my brother-in-law. By the way he starts the conversation, I thought for sure he was once again trying to pull another prank on me. So, I say, "Shut up, Rodney, you're so funny." The funny part was said rather sarcastically. The guy continues his conversation saying, "I know this may be an unusual phone call ma'am, but so and so gave me your number. After he mentioned the person's name, I realized that I REALLY wasn't talking to Rodney.
It was an evangelist trying to get in touch with Spencer so he could get in touch with our pastor to confirm that he was preaching at our church tonight. After much apologizing and explaining that I thought it was my brother-in-law on the phone, I gave the guy Spencer's work number. After I hung up I realized that I didn't explain that my brother-in-law plays prank calls on me, and that I really do get along with him even though I told him to shut up. OOOPPPPsss! I didn't even want to see the guy when he preached at church which worked out pretty well because I had to teach a class for VBS anyway.

No comments: