Sho Space

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What's That Smell???


As I was sitting here trying to think of something to write, the inspiration came to me in the form of a strange smell. I noticed something odd, but was caught up in the process of thinking as well as trying to motivate my dear children to do their cursive writing for school. Zach was slowly walking around looking for his book, when he innocently asked, "Mom what's that hole in the carpet?" I quickly walked over to take a look only to find that when I had let Zach stir up the fire in our wood burning stove, a red hot wood chip had somehow escaped onto the carpet. So that was that strange smell. Oh well, we need new carpet in our den anyway! That's a better way of looking at it than getting mad right. Now just to tell Spencer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least it didn't catch on fire. That would have been REALLY bad.

Shoshannah said...

It was coming close to that! Did I ever tell you about the time I burnt a big hole through our deck with hot ashes? It was a blond moment.