Sho Space

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It Runs in the Family

Many times I see something that I like, and I hear from Spencer, "You can make that." He starts explaining how to do it............ "All you have to do is........" I used to just roll my eyes, and sometimes I still do. However, many in his immediate family think the same way. There have been times that they go ahead and make whatever it is that's "so easy" to make. Two things I can think of are a fold out buffet bar found in the Penny's catalog and a merry-go-round for our kids.

Today, I was reading the paper and a picture of a cute metal figure caught my eye. As I started reading farther along, I realized that the article was about one of Spencer's MANY relatives. What made me laugh was how he got into his crafty business. His wife saw a figure she wanted for her yard and of course, Spencer's relative didn't want to pay that much for it and said, "I can make that." Now he makes these really neat things and sells them for a price that I'm pretty sure is close to the same price he didn't want to pay for the yard figure in the first place. :)

No comments: