Sho Space

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Family Fun







I haven't written a post on our family fun nights in a whileand thought I'd tell you some of the things we've been doing lately.


The latest fad for the kids is going to the park. The one pictured above is one of their new favorites....mostly because of the play house that's there as well as the sand pit. This park is actually in front of out hospital and has a walking track around it which Zach enjoys.



Here are some other things we have done lately. Sometimes we all go to Books A Million and look at books together. One night the kids thought Starbucks sounded good, so we went there and let the three of them split a coffee. The kids also love ice cream as well as watching a movie. We usually borrow one from our public library. The other night, Spencer set off a bunch of left over fire works and popped popcorn on the stove in one of those prepackaged pans. The kids were scared the bag was going to explode all over the kitchen..........probably because of their dad's insinuations:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family-night post reminded me...I saw in the Update that Joan had a baby last year. Do you ever hear from her? Would be nice to catch up with her sometime.

Shoshannah said...

I saw that too. I haven't talked to her in about 9 years and hadn't heard anything about her at all until recently.

D.J. Cimino said...

Cool park! Josiah would love it. The park I take him to alot has a train that goes right by it. He loves it.

You are already starting the kids on coffee? wow!

Shoshannah said...

The early love for coffee is Daddy's doing. :)
Josiah would like several parks around here that have miniature trains. Pullen Park in Raleigh is especially neat. Besides the train it has peddle boats, a carousel, and another kiddie ride as well as regular playground equipment.

Anonymous said...

Well, good job on the coffee...PCC would revoke my diploma if they found out that I allow my first hour 8th graders to drink coffee. Its chemistry...I'll take all the help I can get to keep them alert!

And as for Joan--how do we find her? Life is too short and we all had too many good times to lose contact for much longer. 9 years sounds about right for me too. You're the computer wiz--how do we do a search?

Kathy