Sho Space

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why is it that I have nothing to write about, and all of a sudden there's a ton to write. I guess I'll be writing a little bit here and there over the next few days.
My first thing is a major pet peeve of mine. Why is it that people want to tell my kids what to do when I'm standing right there. Is it just me, or does that happen to anyone else? If it does, does it get on your nerves????????????
Next, my sister has finally finished my blog design. I like it very much. She has a business creating designs for people. Check out her website at http://www.designsbyrs.com/ . She does a great job, and it won't take as long to do yours as it did mine. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Sho. :) I'm glad you like your new design.

Yeah, it really irks me when people tell my kids what to do when I'm there. There are a few people who are really bad about this. I don't normally say anything - just grit my teeth.

Shoshannah said...

I came up with the new idea for when people try to boss my kids around with me there. I told my kids to look at me and ask me if that's what I want them to do. Maybe that will help.

Mommy said...

Since mine is so young I haven't got a lot of that yet, but I get, "tell Mommy your feet are cold" or "tell Mommy you need a coat on" Along the same line, you wouldn't believe the rude comments I've gotten about piercing E's ears! One woman told me it was child abuse, another said" I let my daughters make their own decision about having holes in their ears" I understand it is a controversial topic, but come on!

Shoshannah said...

Amber,
That is just as annoying to have people tell you how to dress your kid. As far as the ear piercing, how is that child abuse? Of course, I grew up in a place where it is the custom to pierce baby girls ears.

Mommy said...

I guess they think because it hurts the baby it is child abuse. I have a lot of friends who pierced their baby's ears, it really can be a cultural thing, it was for many of them. I always thought it was so cute and "girly", I always wanted to do it if I had a girl. I never thought I'd be turning into a child abuser. :)