Sho Space

Friday, June 06, 2008

THE Bed Frame

I thought I'd take this picture as my husband was taking this thing down. See, there's a story here. We got this bed from someone who didn't need it any more, and our plans were to one day strip it and paint it again. It would be really pretty. That was until it began not holding our mattress anymore. The joints became loose and would wiggle apart enough that if you did not get in bed very carefully, you would find yourself lying down with your head at an angle considerably lower than your feet at the other end of the mattress. There have been times when the bed would fall for absolutely no apparent reason. My husband would get quite irritated at having to get out of bed in the middle of the night.........hence the hammer marks in the picture below. I know that makes you antique lovers cringe, but at least the bed wouldn't fall for the next 24 hours. I'm happy to report that we now have a new bed which will suffice for the time being. It's very low to the ground, but at least we won't have to worry about being awakened with a thud in the middle of a dream.

No comments: