Sho Space

Friday, August 15, 2008

My night Friday night.

For those of you who have already read this on my Facebook page, I'm sorry. This is for everyone else who hasn't read it yet.

My son had a baseball game, and my sister-in-law had a Pampered Chef party around the same time in a town about 20 minutes from here. I wanted to do a little of both, so I asked my husband if I could take his 11 year old truck to the party since I was leaving most of the kids with him. He said that was fine, and I asked him if he thought it was safe to take the truck that far. Oh yes, the truck will do just fine. After the party, my 3 year old and I headed back home. All the sudden the accelerator just wouldn't accelerate, and each time I tried to get to go, the slower it would get. Finally, the truck just died on this lonely part of the highway.......nothing in sight, no lights, and it's 9:45. You also have to keep in mind that we don't have any cell phones. We have On Star on our Tahoe which I normally drive....but on the truck, well...... In my mind I'm freaking out and praying, "NO, Lord! Not here." Then my 3 year old starts throwing a fit. "What's wrong, Sierra? Are you scared?" "NO! I want to go home, and the tires won't go around!"After praying for the truck to start, nothing happened. I changed my prayer to "Please let a police man come along......nothing happened. After an hour of sitting there, I prayed that the Lord would impress on Spencer's heart to come looking for me sooner than I expected him to, and that if someone stopped to help, that they would be nice. (In the back of my mind was a recent story of how a Marine had gotten mad at a guy who the Marine thought had broken into his house. When the Marine found the guy, he beat him up, cut off some of his fingers, and dumped him on this same highway that I was stuck on.) Right after I prayed the last time, this little car stopped on the other side of the road. With trepidition, I watched the man get out. When he got closer to the vehicle, I asked him if he had a cell phone. Yay! He did, and he was so careful to make sure that I didn't feel threatened in any way. After, I called Spencer, he offered to sit in his car and wait until Spencer got there. He also let me keep his cell phone while I was waiting. In the mean time, I got to witness to him which was another answer to prayer in a wierd sort of way. You see, I've been praying REALLY hard for a bigger house, and the Lord impressed on my heart that I need to pray just as hard for people to get saved as I have been for the house. Although the man last night didn't get saved, he was all ears about salvation, and asked where I went to church after that. Who knows maybe he'll come and get saved there.

As a side note, why did Sierra decide that she wanted to play monster while we were sitting there. Not a comforting game in that situation.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

That is so scary about you and your 3 year old being stranded but thank the Lord that He does hear and answer prayer! I think it is so AWESOME how God answers prayer, and sometimes in the most unusual ways. I also think it is neat how you were able to witness to the person that stopped to help you. I will try to remember to pray for that person too. Have a good weekend! Kayla