Sho Space

Friday, February 05, 2010

Men and Department Stores

The other day when we were out shopping for the ingredients for the Cherpumple Dessert, I noticed that all these older men out with their wives were being really nice to Spencer. They would just say hello to him as they passed in the aisles in the store. What really made me laugh was when I asked him if we could stop at Belk really quick. I badly needed a black top, and they were having their extra good red dot sale. "I know what I'm looking for, and it won't take long." I promised him. Well, it took longer than I expected, but I did find a black sweater for $10. After I paid for the sweater, I still had a little bit of $ burning a hole in my pocket and asked Spencer if he minded if I looked at the jewelry. He graciously said that was fine. It didn't take me long to find something I wanted, and as we were heading to the cash register to pay, an older gentleman once again stopped my husband. But this time what he said was different. "I bet your wife said, that she was just coming in for a minute, and she wouldn't take long." My husband laughed and agreed. The gentleman said, "That's what my wife said too, and I'm just barely getting out of here." Let's just say that I paid for my $4.50 necklace and earring set with a grin on my face.

No comments: