Sho Space

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You'll Have to Picture This

I haven't posted anything lately because our internet has been giving us trouble, and I also have been having problems uploading pictures. We are in the process of changing things though. In the mean time....I'll leave you with this story.
I had pulled halfway into our driveway after a grocery shopping trip. My husband was getting back on his riding lawn mower, and Zach and a neighbor boy were under the carport. As I was waiting for them to get out of the way, Spencer was using his alternative way of starting his mower........a jerry rigged rope pull. (This starts the mower even though the battery is dead.) As he was sitting back down after pulling the rope, the lawn mower jerked forward throwing Spencer off in a backward somersault. The lawn mower then began making its way for Zachary and the neighbor kid. They jumped out of the way in time, and Spencer was now up and chasing the mower across the yard and motioning for me to get out of the vehicle and help him. Being the submissive wife that I am, I did not do it for two reasons. I knew Spencer would be really mad if the lawn mower hit the vehicle, and I figured I'd be more useful if I stayed in the vehicle and moved it out of the way if need be. The second reason was, I'm seven months pregnant! How am I supposed to help stop a runaway lawn mower? I remember the lecture I got from Spencer when I was pregnant with Sierra helped a boy get his four wheeler out of a ditch.
Spencer finally got the lawnmower pointed toward a tree which it ran into, and Spencer was able to turn it off. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me when it happened!
The moral to this story is always make sure that the lawn mower is out of gear before you start it up.

3 comments:

D.J. Cimino said...

I didn't know you all were expectingly again. You probably told me, but it just didn't click. Congrats!!

D.J. Cimino said...

Expectingly?? How did I mispell thet?

Shoshannah said...

I didn't think that I'd bring that to your attention, but I did point it out to Spencer.