Sho Space

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Imagination

This has nothing to do with imagination, but Addison woke up with a mohawk this morning.



The kids kept sneaking the TV on. After keeping careful watch, they have not had it on

like they were. For a few days they were at a total loss on how to play. Now, I'm happy to report that their imagination is working again. My first clue was when they took a horse outside and a rope and began lassoing trees and horses. Here they have made a "play" with my visuals and blankets in Zach and Addison's room. The only problem with imagination is the clean up afterward. I think we can deal with that though.

2 comments:

Davida said...

The mohawk is too cute.
In regards to imagination, my children have similar lapses and I find myself "suggesting" many things they can do---and then talking them into doing them. I come right out and tell them, too--"You can't play any video game or watch any DVD or TV right now, because I want you using your imagination." In 1st grade, Matthew had a little paragraph to write about what he perceived were my hopes/dreams for HIM. He wrote, "My Mom wants me to use my imagination." I read that and thought, "Yay--he's getting it!!"
I so agree with you about the clean-up being worth it, too! I can fully relate.

Shoshannah said...

Your Matthew says some of the funniest stuff, Davida.