Sho Space

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Escaping the Kids

Friday night my mom offered to let my kids spend the night with her. We met her at Taco Bell where I felt like we were on display. First off, my mom ordered 2 orders of food. These two orders were for their 10 item special. We ended up with 10 burritos and 10 tacos. The guy must have thought that we needed a lot of hot sauce to go with it. He gave two huge heaping handfuls of sauce....almost too much to carry. Next comes the big, huge tray of food. I was getting really embarrassed. It did not help that the older couple at the table next to us kept staring at us. On top of that Brittany and Sierra kept taking turns going to the bathroom. The last time, Sierra got too confident sitting on a big toilet and started playing around. She started swinging back and forth until she fell in. It was kind of funny except her dress got wet. When we got back to our table, Spencer was cleaning water and ice up from the floor. Brittany had knocked it over. I was so glad to leave. We traded off car seats and children and headed off into the sunset. The only thing was that Spencer and I could not think of anything to do, so we ended up at Lowe's where we ran into one of his uncles and aunt. They made fun of our date. Next, we went to Cold Stone for ice cream . We decided to head to a park to eat the ice cream. When we got to the park we saw a car that looked awfully familiar and decided not to eat there. We had just left our kids with my mom and weren't quite ready to have them take our icecream from us. :) We decided to just go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about not being able to think of anything to do! It gets to the point where our lives revolve around the kids, and I sometimes forget that Robert is my HUSBAND. We had fun when Mom came Saturday and watched the girls so we could go out. It was SOOOOO nice to have him to myself for once.