Sho Space

Monday, August 14, 2006

Still Having Those Embarrassing Moments

Some of them are my fault, some are not. I'm sure most of you remember how I always seem to find some crazy thing to turn into an embarrassing episode. Since I stay home so much now, it does not happen as often as it used to, but sometimes I still manage.
The way I managed recently was definitely my own fault. I've been praying that the Lord would help me keep my big mouth under control. Well, I wrote on my blog several months back that my sister's former fiance was a geek. Who should find my blog and see the comment?? Of course!! My sister's former fiance! So, Steve, if you are reading this, I'm sorry for saying something outside of the KNT guidelines. For those of you who don't know what that means...K stands for kind, N stands for necessary, and T stands for True. Maybe I'll start learning to keep my mouth shut soon.
The next embarrassing moments were not my fault. I was playing for a wedding a couple of weekends ago. The wedding cordinator changed plans the day of the wedding without letting me know. As a result, Here Comes the Bride was being played as the ushers walked down the aisle to roll out the aisle runner.
Last night at church, Spencer had picked out two numbers for the choir to sing. I started playing the intro and Spencer looked at me and said, "Page 13." He decided to not do the first choir number and told everyone except me. So, if you ever work with a musician, PLEASE clue them in on your plans! It's very helpful for everyone if you do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGHHH! I hate when that happens! Usually if I am playing and make a mistake, it's because I haven't been paying attention, which is even worse. I'm to the point where I just laugh and say, "That figures!"

Shoshannah said...

You haven't missed anything, Mrs Perfect. It just happened to be a coincidence that DJ and I happened to post our downfalls at the same time.
Thanks for the nice little comment about all of us having big mouths. My family keeps me constantly reminded of mine.