Sho Space

Friday, September 08, 2006

Family Fun 7

We live outside the city limits and do not have the privilege of trash pick up unless we pay a fairly steep fee. Therefore, we take our trash to the dump which for us happens to be the county landfill. At the landfill, they have a little building called the Swap Shop where people can drop off good items that other people may want. At the end of the day, if the items have not been taken the man at the land fill puts them in the actual trash. Spencer has collected some impressive items from there such as a toy box, lawn mower, a leap pad plus writing, and best of all a few weeks ago he got a portable ping pong table complete with paddles, balls, and net.
We decided to try to teach the kids to play ping pong. OKAY, they are still too small, but they enjoyed trying. Toward the end, Spencer and I played each other. I used to play ping pong quite a bit my Freshman year of college and could put up a pretty good fight until I lost, but it is amazing how much ability you lose when you have not done something in a very long time. The first time I went to serve the ball, I completely missed. Oh well, by the end of the night I was starting to get back into the groove of things.

No comments: