Sho Space

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

So, What Have You Been Up To?

I haven't really written about anything that has been going on lately, so I thought I give you all the exciting details. OK, so they may not be exciting, but it's your choice to read this........or not.

Two weekends ago we went to help distribute information and literature for a new church starting in the Raleigh area. It was a nice, cool morning, and we passed out over 300 pieces of information to that many houses. If you would like to see the website for the new church it is http://sendingthelight.org

This last Friday and Saturday night Spencer's dad, brother Cameron, and Spencer were asked to take admission for a local rodeo. Of course that meant that we went to the rodeo for two days. It was fun though. The second night our group kept getting bigger and bigger. We would run into people we knew, and people would run into us, and we all ended up sitting together. One girl from our youth group was there who had never seen a rodeo. She kept me cracking up. She felt so sorry for the "poor" animals, and wouldn't look at the bareback riding, or bull riding. She said that she would go to another rodeo though.

Sunday we went to eat at Cracker Barrel for lunch. That was a treat since we usually eat at home. They had a 70% off sidewalk sale. :) Spencer's dad said that my mother-in-law and I looked like we were trying to put out a fire while shopping. They had such good deals, we could not decide what to get! Zach also decided to start witnessing to people. He just started asking this man if he was saved. The man said, "Yes", but when Zach said that if you're saved you get to go to heaven, the man said, "I hope so." Brittany chimed in "If your not saved, you go to hell." I think that was a little disconcerting to the man. It's really convicting to have your son witness so boldly.

Sunday night we did the regular Pizza Inn routine except that Sierra's diaper fell down and she left a log on the floor in the playroom. Nasty!!!!! After we got that straight, she got three fingers stuck in the hinged side of the playroom door. It scared everyone, and we thought she would have bruised fingers at best and broken ones at worst. It turned out she has no marks whatsoever.

Monday all of the kids had fevers and runny noses, and some of them are still recovering.

Tuesday I was supposed to take Zach to the allergist for a follow-up visit. I lost my set of keys about a month ago and forgot to get a key from Spencer. He had to drive home from work only to find that the said key was not on his keyring. Since I drove last, I must have had the key last, so I turned the house upside down looking for it. I even thoroughly cleaned and rearranged the kids rooms and still no key. I ended up rescheduling the appointment, and still had no key when Spencer came home at the end of the day. As I was cleaning up the supper dishes, Spencer showed me the key. I HAD given it back to him after church Sunday night. He found it in a pocket of some of his clothes he had folded and put back in his drawer. Boy, was I relieved.

Nothing exciting has happened today, and maybe I can get the rest of my housework done.

3 comments:

D.J. Cimino said...

"Sunday night we did the regular Pizza Inn routine except that Sierra's diaper fell down and she left a log on the floor in the playroom. Nasty!!!!!"

that the funniest thing I've heard all week! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found the key! I know you were frantic! I think we have 3 van keys and 5 house keys for that very reason. Guess which one of us loses the keys :)

Shoshannah said...

Spencer's brother got so grossed out that he decided to go home! Glad you were amused, DJ.