Sho Space

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Homeschooling Tip

Brittany has been having a hard time with her cursive writing. A lot of times, I will put my hand over hers to help her out as she writes. The other day, she was playing around with her writing but was using a crayon instead of a pencil. I could not get over how beautiful her writing was. Since that time, I've been letting her use a crayon and she has done wonderfully. The only disadvantage is that you cannot erase mistakes made with a crayon, but she has not had a whole lot of mistakes. It might be something you might want to try for your little homeschooling angel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like its time to pull out the old "Blue Bear". (remember those? never used them.)

Glad to hear another teacher who still believes in cursive only. I'm the only one fighting that battle in school. My middle schoolers write like 1st graders when they print yet their cursive is very nice. Crazy that other teachers don't push for cursive.