Sho Space

Monday, February 26, 2007

Open house

Yesterday we braved the cold, windy, rainy elements and went to see a couple of open houses. The first house we stopped at was one that I have been keeping my eye on for a little while. It exceeded my already high expectations. It has four bedrooms, but two of the bedrooms upstairs have their own bonus rooms. The people that own the house now use one of the bonus rooms as a bedroom, but the other bonus room they use as a playroom. They have painted one whole wall with black chalkboard paint making a massive chalkboard. What home schooling parent wouldn't drool over that? The next house wasn't nearly as interesting. The best things we saw were the pens and magnetic calendars the realtor gave us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a clever way to advertise "pens"! You're getting good at this gig!

Good luck with the house-hunting.

Kathy

Shoshannah said...

Thanks, Kathy. Some are easier than others. I wish I could get my other blog up to par so I can transfer this kind of stuff over there, but I have been so sick feeling that I don't write or do any more than I have to right now.
Anyway, the ads are worth the money for me right now. My back is getting better. After this next week, my chiropractor said, that I could start going once every two weeks. Yeah! That's so much better than 2 or 3 three times a week.

Anonymous said...

You poor woman! Congrats on the new kid too, btw. You are so brave!

The chalkboard room sounds nice. So are you going to teach your kids how to chamois all the dust off the board and then draw straight lines with a pencil eraser for boardwork? (I don't miss that part of PCA teaching. All that chalk dust! But then I didn't do such a good job keeping up with that.)

Kathy

Shoshannah said...

Now that you mention it, I just may teach my kids the strenuous rigors of chalkboard care. Don't make me laugh so much, Kathy!

I may take the chalkboard idea with me if-when we get another house. All you have to do is buy some chalkboard paint at Lowe's. Right now we need to finish fixing up this house. ie: FINISH the bathroom we started remodeling, and the other bathroom, and new carpet in the den, and refinish the wood floors, and finish painting the outside, and.....
sounds like enough to keep us busy for a couple of years doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing amount of work. Good thing you're having more kids for all those jobs! ;-)