Sho Space

Monday, March 26, 2007

Way to go..............Barton?

That's right, Barton-as in Barton College. Haven't you ever heard of the place????????? Probably not.... unless you are an ardent basketball fan or happened to run across some news report about their basketball team in the last couple of days. Well, Barton is a little college in our town. It has an attendance of about 1300 students and is in the NCAA division II basketball league. I actually took my kids by there just the other day because they wanted to see the road work that was going on in the area. As I drove onto the campus, I felt very oddly like I was at Pensacola Christian College in a smaller scale. So, why am I telling you this? Because the basketball team from that little college somehow miraculously won the NCAA division II basketball championship title. Here is a link to see some footage from the last amazing seconds of the final game. How can a team down by 7 points come back to win in the last 45 seconds. I don't know, but the two previous games were also won by Barton in a very similar way. They must have wanted to win really badly. Way to go, Barton!!

No comments: