Sho Space

Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's been a little while since I've written anything but for good reason. We have started back homeschooling, and that takes quite a bit of time. After the school day is over, we try to find time to straighten the house, and do our regular activites. I guess blogging has somehow fallen out of the "regular" activities category.
I did want to share this though. I have decided to teach the kids a little bit about money for their Bible class. There is a pupose in this. Whenever they get money, they treat it as nothing important, and I hope that notion will be changed quickly. One of the lessons I taught them was about tithing. I started off with a lesson on how Abraham tithed to God. The next day was a little more serious. I read to them in Malachi where God tells the children of Israel that they had robbed Him because they did not tithe. I went on to explain that we are robbing God when we as Christians do not tithe. My little girl just fell apart when she heard that. She sobbed, "Momma, I didn't know I was robbing God!" It made me think of what a great example for us. We should have just as tender of a heart toward the Lord as she did...true remorse for our sins, and a sincere desire to fix the problem.

No comments: