Sho Space

Monday, May 22, 2006

Dad is Found

Just to update everyone, my dad was found in Tyler, TX after being missing for a week. The last we knew, he was staying at the Salvation Army until the other day, when some people from our church ran into him at a gas station UP HERE! He was dehydrated and severely sunburned and had nothing with him except his driver's license. He is now being taken care of in a mental hospital nearby.
On Saturday night, we had a ladies' banquet at church. After the banquet, I went to my in-law's house. On the way, I saw this really skinny man walking down the road really slowly, and he had a plastic grocery bag in his hand. I thought, "Oh no, he's escaped again." So, I turn the van around and headed back to the man. I stopped and stared at him a while, trying to see if it really was my dad or not. (I have not seen him in two years.) Finally, I rolled down the window and said, "What's your name?" He said, "What's YOUR name?" I decided right then and there that it was not my dad and said, "Never mind." and started driving off. The man said, "That's fine, you go on then!" And so I did.
My mom said that I did not do anything any differently than she would have. Spencer said, "That's not good. You act like my mom AND my mother-in-law."

3 comments:

D.J. Cimino said...

Glad to hear he was found! I hope he can get some help.

Take care,

DJ

Shoshannah said...

Thanks! Revka went to see him today, and it broke her heart. She said that he looks like he belongs in the mental ward. I just wish he would take his medicine. Every time he starts improving, he stops taking it and ends back up in the hospital again.

Shoshannah said...

Thanks, Lynlee.
Wonder if we could dredge a new, CLEAN river in TX by ourselves!