Sho Space

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Things Only Children Can Get Away With At PCC

First of all, let me just say that I never dreamed that one day I would take my little children for a visit to my Alma Mater. I don't know if I just did not think that I would get that far in life or what, but it just did not cross my mind. Obviously I just had to take pictures of them and their chinanigans when we got there. Some things I did capture and some things I did not because I was in such a hurry to correct them. Here are some pictures of our family time down there.

Brittany and I iceskating on some very rough ice. She was going forward, pulling me along by the second time around.

Sierra did not like the sand at the beach at first. She thought it was "Gucky."

She's our prissy one.

Zach playing a new and much improved carpet golf game. At least it's new and improved since the last time I was there.

Always be prepared when you go to the beach-or Christian College Beach as Zach called it. I took swim suits for the kids but not towels, sunscreen or suitable beach attire for Spencer and I. I was just too lazy to go back to the motel room and get stuff for us. I reasoned it away that the kids would only play at the very edge of the water-WHAT WAS I THINKING! Brittany (my dare devil) decided to go a little farther out than the other two. She started getting carried away by the waves and I had to jump into waist deep water to rescue her. Totally uncomfortable to wear a completely wet, sandy, long jean skirt.

Zach and Brittany standing BEHIND the "protective" rope. Oh my goodness, are they actually touching that wall?!

Sliding backwards down the Dale Horton Auditorium stairs. Moira is looking at Zach like she would like to do it too.

Our kids on the umbrella rack

(Looks comfortable)

While we were there, Zach and Brittany had this terrible fascination for the monkey grass and bushes. I don't know why, but they thought the stuff was put there just for them to walk through and hide behind. There were several time that I was running to pull them out of the jungle decorations before they got caught.

1 comment:

Shoshannah said...

Just showing them what not to do at an early age...of course I didn't really have to show them.
I forgot about the demerit system there-NOT! Should we send you back as a Dean of Women or do you prefer to be and assistant. :) I got more demerits as a town student than I ever got while I was living in the dorms.