Sho Space

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm So Confused....Give Me An American......I'm Tired of Being on Hold!

In the middle of July we switched over to Earthlink Digital Phone and Cable Internet. The bundle price was a great deal and better benefits than what we were using. However, when I started talking to customer service, it almost was not worth the trouble of switching to a better product. Every time I call customer service, I get hold of an Indian on the other side of the world. Not only is there a confusing accent to overcome, there is also a major communication gap. One of the first people I talked to could not answer my questions except with a laugh. That sure wasn't helpful! He also ended up telling me that I could not order the new services via the internet which I turned around and did anyway after I got off the phone with him. Without going into major detail, we ran into some serious snags getting the new phone service hooked up, and I ended up being on the phone for about and hour and forty-five minutes getting the problem straight. Today, I got a $91.55 bill from them and had to talk to the Indians again for about and hour and a half. I figured our phone bill was supposed to be about $72 which included overnight shipping for equipment for the digital phone. By the end of the conversation, our bill had been lowered to $19.75 and all future bills to be $19.95. After many questions about how they arrived at $19.75 for this bill, and many laughs and "Let me explain it you" on their side, I'm still confused. I'm not going to complain though if that is all they want to charge. I just hope that I don't have to talk to them again any time soon! Oh, and if you're a big company exec. reading this (ha ha), please don't outsource your customer service department to some other country! Customer satisfaction would be a lot higher if the customers could understand what the service department was saying in the first place.

No comments: