Sho Space

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Revka did a good job creating Woody, don't you think?

My mom and eight of her ten grandkids.


This last week we've been busy traveling around the eastern portion of our state. On Saturday we went to the New Bern area to help my niece celebrate her 2nd birthday. My sister made her a cake and decorated it with Woody from Toy Story. Revka thinks she did a terrible job, but I could never decorate a cake free hand and make it come out resembling anything but flowers.

The same day, Spencer took the teenagers to a Putt Putt place that also had other items of amusement. He decided to try out the rock climbing wall. About 2/3 of the way up, he decided that he had enough of rock climbing and asked the worker if she had everything under control when he let go. She assured him she did. However, Spencer is very cautious, so he asked her four times. After the fourth time, he let go and immediately hit the ground on both feet. The girl then realized that she did not have the ropes hooked up right, and she definitely did not have everything under control. I'm glad he didn't get hurt. For some reason, he keeps avoiding having a camera around when these things happen. I told him that if he keeps it up, we're going to have to take out a higher life insurance policy on him. :)

This last Tuesday, the kids, the boy I babysit, two friends and I packed up in our vehicle and made it to the beach where we met up with my sister and her kids. The water was actually pretty even though we were rained on at one time. This is the same beach where there was a shark attack a couple of weeks ago, so I was leary of going very far out in the water. Zach and Brittany weren't scared though. Now we are home for the remainder of the week where I really need to do quite a bit of cleaning since we won't be home enough next week except to sleep at night.

Hint: If you use spray on sunscreen, don't forget to rub it in. Otherwise you look quite speckled!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad Spencer is okay - what a thing to happen! Thanks for the compliments on poor Woody. I like your photos, too. And we had a great time with y'all, both at the party and at the beach.