Sho Space

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Panic and Another Hair Cut

Zach played the piano to keep himself calm while we waited for Spencer to come home.

This past Monday, Zachary was supposed to be cleaning his room. He came out to our den and in an upset little voice told me he had something stuck on his finger. To this day, we don't know what it was, but it looked like a ring to him at the time. By the time he came to me, his finger was swollen, and every remedy I tried would not remove the "ring." I was starting to panic because I was picturing his finger losing circulation and the tip having to be cut off. It didn't help that I could see the metal cutting into his skin. I called Spencer at work to see what I should do, and he graciously came home knowing that I do not handle medical emergencies well at all...especially ones where cuts are involved. When Spencer saw that the ring could not be removed, he took Zach to the doctor. It took Spencer and two doctors to hold Zach down while a fourth person put three shots in Zach's finger to numb it. The doctor then tried to cut the metal off but to no avail. They finally made a couple of cuts with a ring cutter and got it off. Zachary didn't want it for a souvenir and told the nurse to "put it in the sharp box."




Oh yes, Zach also cut his hair that day because I had told him that it was getting long and was time for a hair cut. What is it with my kids and their hair?!

3 comments:

Revka said...

Poor Zach! I'm glad everything turned out alright! His hair doesn't look that bad. :)

D.J. Cimino said...

Ouch! I am not looking forward to those types of ituations as josiah gets older!

Shoshannah said...

I hate them! I don't handle bloody medical emergencies very well.