Sho Space

Monday, February 20, 2006

Spencer's B-Day

I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than ride in a car with Ted Kennedy.
Spencer really liked that saying and said I should put it up here, so here's to you, Spencer.

Haven't done much today; Spencer has the day off for President's Day. It's also his birthday todaywhich makes for agood day off. Got him a mirroredTarheels license plate for his truck. He has really wanted one of those for a few years. That ought to create more love between him and some of his co-workers. Did I say love? I really meant good natured aggrivation. He'll probably end up coming home with some Duke stuff and dumping it in the trash.
I'm in the process of making a supper that Spencer really likes....steak, grilled onions and bellpeppers, baked sweet potatoes, salad, and if I don't procrastinate too long, I'll make him a cheesecake. Sounds good, doesn't it? Maybe I'm just hungry. Do the sweet potatoes give away how deep in the South we are? Funny, when I lived in Texas, I thought North Carolina really meant North. I mean, a place where it occasionally snows surely has to be the North!!! Anywhere north of where I grew up was North. Boy, wouldn't some of these Southerners be shocked!
Planning on going to Lowe's tonight so Spencer can spend his gift cards on some tools that he's always fussing about not having. Ought to be a fun trip. :)

5 comments:

D.J. Cimino said...

Hunting with Cheney is much safer than working for the Clintons! remember how many of their close contacts are now 6 feet under? hmmm...

Shoshannah said...

True!
Did you know that Ted Kennedy was accused of driving a car off I believe a bridge and leaving the girl that was riding with him to drown while he escaped?
I need to look that up just to get all my facts straight.

Shoshannah said...

Been there, eaten that. Doesn't taste bad if you like turkey. You should try some of the other stuff they eat here. Pickled pigs feet and other stuff. I never had those, but Spencer made me taste this awful stuff called souse. It's like mushed up pork inards mixed with a ton of vinegar. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.J. Cimino said...

yes.. I heard about that little incident with kennedy. he is such a swell man, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Have you been to a pig pickin' yet? When we were in South Carolina our Sunday School group had one as a fellowship. You pick your meat off the pig...actually I got mine off the table inside cause it was easier with a baby.
Yeah, they have the fried Turkeys here in Louisiana and everyone swears by them. I haven't had a chance to try one yet.