Sho Space

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sometimes I Wish I Would Say More

The other day some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my house. At first I wasn't going to answer the door, but you know how it is with kids. "Mama! There's someone here!!!!!!!!!!!!" So, I reluctantly opened the door. The men at the door were more than happy to give me their literature, but when I tried to give them mine, they acted like it was poison. Finally, one of the men took it. Now, why would it not be okay for them to read what I have to say??? It would at least help them know where I'm coming from and be better able to argue against my beliefs if they wanted to.
Anyway, this group of people does not believe that Jesus is God. Since Jesus is the whole means for our salvation, this creates a problem. I quoted John 1:1 to them. It says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." I told them that the Word is Jesus, and that Jesus is God; but I failed to connect the dots from the Bible where it says in John 1:14, "And the Word was made flesh (Jesus here on earth) and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." If those verses don't say that Jesus is God, I don't know what does.

No comments: