Sho Space

Friday, March 17, 2006

Diets and Housework

I think diets and housework are the same. They are things that never end. The other week, I decided to go on the strictest portion of the South Beach Diet to lose the my last four pounds. I know it is not a lot to lose, but when it never goes away after several months, you want to do something to help it get lost. Anyway, I went on phase one of the diet, and I usually lose about seven pounds in two weeks and keep it off. Well, after a week and a half, I had lost only two pounds. I was so mad, I just said forget it--much to Spencer's delight. (He says that I act horrible when I'm on a diet.) Anyway, I indulged myself in two chocolate turtles and two flour tortillas with potatoes and hot sauce. Those of you from the Valley will understand that one.

On a more serious note, my dad is supposed to be out of the VA mental hospital today. They are assigning him to an apartment in a facility for 55 and older. We are praying that he does not run away like he has several times before.

1 comment:

D.J. Cimino said...

uhg... Don't even mention a diet :(

Will be praying for your dad!