Sho Space

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Just Stuff

Everyone in our house except myself has been really sick, so I have not had time to write anything up here. There's nothing like cleaning up after four kids' nastiness. This last weekend was great though.
Friday night, Spencer and I ate at a Japanese steakhouse buffet. The only thing was, the food at the bar was all raw. You filled your plate with what you wanted to eat and then put it in a window for the chef to cook. It was really good. We went where else but Wal-Mart afterward and ran into one of my former student's dad. He said, "You know when you're an old married couple when you go to Wal-Mart on a date." That made Spencer want to get out of there so fast. While we were checking out, I ran into the dad and sister of another former student. I said "Hey" to the dad andwhen I walked off, I saw the sister ask her dad in disbelief,"Was that Miss McKinley?" Her jaw then dropped as she turned around for another look. Talk about feeling paranoid. I'm not quite sure what caused that reaction. I probably don't want to know. I don't think I look that different than I did six years ago.


Saturday, Spencer and I took the teens ice skating in Raleigh. (That's most of the girls and one flirt in the picture. The rest of the boys were busy skating.) We also took two teen want to be's. Zach actually was able to get around the rink by himself at the end. Brittany cried and screamed at first, but after a while, she would skate with someone's help.
Sunday, my mom invited us over to her house for lunch after church. It was good. The kids had fun playing hide and seek with her while Spencer and I listened to a sample of Sarah's voice teacher sing really high. Sarah is quite excited about going to college. She will be graduating from the A Beka homeschool program at PCC on May 15. She is planning on staying there and working through the summer. I know a lot of people here who will really miss her.

1 comment:

Shoshannah said...

You're so sweet, Davida! You know the other Sarah that I posted with my sister Sarah? Well, she saw some of my high school pictures one time, and she said, "Miss Shoshannah, you must have had a sad childhood. You look much better now." That made me laugh so hard.
I know what you mean about my sister, Sarah. When you have not seen someone in a long time, it's hard to picture them as different than before.