Sho Space

Friday, July 21, 2006

Happenings in the Bathroom


The other day Brittany starting screaming hysterically. I ran to the bathroom to see what was wrong. She realized that she had gone to the bathroom with a strawberry shortcake doll IN the toilet. Evidentally, Sierra had thrown it in there along with a piece of bread. I wasn't about to stick my hand in there to rescue the doll, so I flushed the toilet figuring that the doll would stay in place like the quarters had that Sierra had also put in the toilet a few days ago. I was wrong. When I pushed the lever, the doll disappeared, and Brittany was really traumatized. I was too because the toilet wouldn't flush right after that. I had the kids use our bathroom until Spencer could get a snake auger to take care of the problem. The kids did a great job remembering to use the other bathroom until last night. I walked by the bathroom and about gagged when I saw the toilet. Zach said, "Mom, I needed to go stinky really bad and couldn't get to your bathroom fast enough, so I went in this one." Poor Spencer, he had quite a nasty job, but he did get the clog unstuck.
Also, several people at work have been telling Spencer about a job opening. They kept telling him he should try for the job, but he just ignored them until he found out that the manager with the job opening was asking around about him and his work. Well, when Spencer was in the bathroom the other day, that manager happened to be there too. He told Spencer that he had been planning on getting in touch with Spencer and wanted to know if he could meet at 9:30 on the following Monday for an interview. Spencer thought that the bathroom was a wierd place to be discussing such matters, but he agreed to the interview. We are still waiting to see what comes of everything. It would be a job doing a lot of programming and web designing which Spencer would love, but he is also happy in his current position. We'll see what the Lord has happen!

1 comment:

Shoshannah said...

Well, I THOUGHT the toilet was fixed, but apparently it isn't! Spencer hates plumbing work, but it looks like he may have to take the whole toilet up to get the toy out! Yikes! Oh well, we are planning on completely remodeling our bathroom one day in the not too distant future....maybe it'll end up being sooner than we thought.
As for a job with the city sewer, I don't think you could pay Spencer enough for him to take it.