Sho Space

Sunday, July 23, 2006

HUH?

We went out to eat at Western Sizzlin' after church this morning. Zach kept saying that he wanted a steak, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to get him, so I asked the lady how much a kids' buffet was. She said what sounded like, "Forty cents a ear." I parroted back to her, "Forty cents a ear?" She said, " Yes." I was like, okay..... I guess that means per kid. She then asked for the age of each of our kids. When we got to the table, I looked at the receipt, and the meal cost $1.60 for Brittany who is now four, and $2.oo for Zach. I was thinking, how in the world did they come up with that? Spencer took a look at the receipt, and figured it out. They charge $.40 per year!
Hence, Brittany's cost and Zach's cost. Have you ever heard of anything like that before???????
Spencer had thought the woman had said "Forty cents a ear" too. Either way you look at it, Forty cents a ear or a year, is a little strange to me!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I have never heard of anything like that. How crazy! Must be a small-town thing.

Shoshannah said...

Hey Davida, your place of living isn't the only place that has one of a kind of situations!

Shoshannah said...

Of course you had to use a calculator, you were always so good at math. JK :) I'm terrible at math. I had some sixth graders that would catch my mistakes all the time. It was very embarrassing.
As far as who eats the most. I'm surprised they charge for little babies eating. Zach could kill some buffets when he was little.