Sho Space

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dog Food

At the supper table the other night, Brittany was crying about her elbow hurting because she had fallen on the vacuum cleaner while she and Zach were rough housing. After she was finally done telling her side of the story how Zach had been jumping around and made her fall, Zach raised his hand and said, "May I tell the truth now?" Spencer replied, "What I want to know is why you were eating dog food?" Spencer then told me about what happened while Zach was playing with the neighbor boy. The little boy came up to Spencer and said, Zach won't stop eating dog food. Spencer said, "Zach, stop eating dog food." A few minutes later the little boy came back and said, "Tell Zach to stop eating dog food!" Spencer was busy doing the microwave (hole in the wall) project and was getting irritated that the little boy kept tattling. That was until Spencer went to talk to Zach. When Spencer walked around the corner, Zach had both hands full of dog food and both cheeks stuffed full. Eew! Gross!

After Spencer finished telling me the story, he got up and started reading the ingredients off the dog food bag to Zach. He made them sound really scary and Zach's eyes kept getting bigger and bigger. Spencer kept saying, "I hope you don't get sick, Zach," and all other sorts of things. We were cracking up. Poor guy. I don't think that he'll eat any more dog food.
BTW Zach's reason for eating the dog food..."Because it had good flavor, Dad."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the kid just needs a dog, shoshannah! its a cry for help! :)

K.

Shoshannah said...

No dogs! I'm in a losing battle on this one, but I'll hold out as long as I can. I'll be the winner until we get a fence around our yard.

Anonymous said...

(lol, +thows up hands in surrender+, ok--i was just giving your kid a quick psychoanalysis--what i meant to say was, NO DOGS!)