Sho Space

Saturday, April 15, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FOR US and Tax Day For You


How did I meet my husband? The short of it is- we met at church. The long of it is- I was told there were no guys here in my new town, and that was fine with me. I had been at PCC where there were a whole lot of guys and didn't meet anyone there for me. However, when I started attending my church, there was only one girl and a whole lot of guys. I was not really comfortable with that scenerio either. My sister, Revka, came up because she and her fiance broke up. She ended up staying up here. One weekend, I went to PCC with my fellow teachers for a seminar, and Revka-still here in town went out with everyone our age at church. She met different people and wanted me to go out with them after church the next time. She had noticed this interesting guy named Spencer. I was glad that she picked someone that was not a geek like her former fiance. Well, Spencer's parents started asking me and Revka to go out to eat with them after church every once in a while. Not too long after that, I found out that Spencer was interested in me! I did not want to be in a love triangle, and I did not like Spencer. I wanted someone who was older than me-not 2 1/2 years younger. To add to discomfort, people at church would try to push us together, and Revka would be right there. Then there were other people at church who would try to put me and this other guy together. It was the most match-making place I've ever been to.
All of us around the same age kept going out to eat after church, and would get together at different people's houses. By that time, Revka had been asked out by another guy named Robert, and she really liked him. Spencer would always pick on me and make me really mad sometimes, but one night I made him apologize for everything he said-he'd been really mean. Robert said, "You might as well go buy her some flowers." Then they started talking about how Spencer would always be apologizing to his wife if he ever got married. He got the most sentimental look on his face, and said, "No, I'm going to spoil my wife." I don't know why, but that started me being interested in him. We became friends, and after I gave up all hopes of him asking me on a date, a military guy asked me out in Spencer's and his family's eyesight. His dad told him that if he didn't ask me out, he was going to lose me. That got Spencer to ask me out the next day, and we've been together ever since. We got married nine months after Revka and Robert. They wanted to have a double wedding, but weren't ready for that step yet.
After all was said and done, Revka and I found out that one night when she and I had walked into church, Robert and Spencer were standing together, and Robert said,"I got the piano player." (That was Revka at the time.) Spencer said, "I got the other one." That's how it turned out too.
By the way, Spencer does spoil me most of the time:) Maybe that has something to do with the fact that he got mixed up on his words at our wedding and took me to be his "awful wedded wife." I don't have to live up to anything do I?:)
That's it for now.
Sho

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sho!

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband (a little late!) I somehow stumbled across your blog today and thought I'd say hello.

Stephen

P.S. Your description of Revka's ex was spot on. ;) Say hello to her for me.

4mmommy said...

What a great story--I especially like the "awful wedded wife" part!

Happy anniversary and may God bless you with many more!