Sho Space

Friday, April 21, 2006

Small Talk

Last night, Spencer and I went to an appreciation dinner put on by the nursing home where our church holds services. To be honest, I do not like going to the nursing home because I hate the smell and the people can be a little scary. It's one of those things I've hated since I was a kid. However, it is not half as bad for me as it used to be...and our kids do enjoy it. Well, about this dinner......usually it is at a restaurant somewhere around here, but last night it was held at the nursing home dining room. I was NOT looking forward to it. Spencer wasn't either when I told him where it was. He was like, "Can we eat outside? I hope they don't feed us the same food they do the patients, and they better have disposable cups 'cuz I just can't drink from one of those from there. Have you ever seen one of those patients hock a loogy (however you spell that)?" I was like OK, let's not make this worse than it is. We even had some disposable plasticware in the van that he was going to take in with him. Well, it turned out to "exceed his expectations" as well as mine. There was no smell-thank the Lord, and the food was catered. It was actually quite good. Did I ever tell you how much I like banana pudding? Also, I didn't have to cook supper last night. Yeah!!!!

No comments: