Sho Space

Monday, April 10, 2006

Our Sweet Angels



Spencer's mom is really down on her back-literally. She cannot walk, and can only sit up for a little while. That being said, Papa was left in the main charge of watching our children while we were doing things for church. Things were a little wild last night. Granted we had to be at church by 5:00 last night because Spencer had a deacon's meeting, and he also had scheduled choir practice at 5:30. That is a long time for little children to be at church, but imagine my amazement when the choir was beginning it's special for church, and I looked up from the piano and saw Brittany standing up there on the front row with the ladies. I'm not exactly sure when she made her grand entrance 'cuz I don't remember anyone walking past me. My amazement started turning to chagrin when she went back to the men's row to get a book, and then I turned absolutely red when she decided she was tired of the choir and just walked off the platform. Good thing she had to walk right past me, so I made her stop in her tracks and wait until the choir came down and the church was shaking hands. Needless to say, my playing wasn't exactly top notch right at that moment. I'm not really good at playing and talking at the same time. While Brittany found her way to her seat. Zach came up to me and said, "Mama, when can I be in the choir? I said, "Brittany was not supposed to be up there, and you'll have to wait until you're a little older." Zach then proceeded to "help" me play the piano. Of course all you hear is this BONG, CLASH, CLANG until I showed him one note that would go along with most of the song I was playing. At least everyone was up shaking hands at that time. Anyway, Zach got back to his seat in time, but he and Brittany left me with frazzled nerves. I know Sierra is not far behind them, because everything is a big joke to her.
Oh yes, Spencer came in the nursery during the middle of service and dropped off a noisemaker. When we got home, he told me that right in the middle of the pastor's prayer he heard this "BONG-A-BOING-A-BONG. He said he thought,"Please let that be another little kid making that noise when I turn around!" Well, it wasn't. Zach was staring right at him when Spencer turned around. (Zach, Brittany, and Sierra usually sit right behind us with Papa and Mema.) Spencer said he did not even bother to put his Bible down, but just stood up and walked out with the toy. While he was walking out, the toy decided to sound off again. Poor guy-he was embarrassed. He was really upset when I told him that Brittany had been in the choir. He was so busy making sure he led the music correctly, he did not even see her up there.
I must say, our children sure keep us in the story telling business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you really talking about our grandchildren? I cannot believe that they would do that. Now they are Brittany, Zachary, and Sierra right? Well, do I get to keep my job as the Mema Patrol because I love that job. See ya......

Shoshannah said...

They do keep us humble that's for sure.