Sho Space

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Welcome Home, Mom


Had a great time in Myrtle Beach. It wasn't so much what we did, but what we did not do. There was no laundry, no dishes, no wet beds, no dirty floors, and no children yelling, "Mama!" in a chorus. It was so nice. We walked on the beach a little bit--it was still a little cool to go swimming. We ate at a huge seafood restaraunt. I've never been in a restaraunt so big in my life. Anyone like Alaskan King Crab Legs? We also went to a neat outdoor mall called Boardwalk at the Beach and almost got an old timey photo done of us, but we just didn't get around to it.
On our way home, we stopped at an outlet mall and looked all over for soccer cleats for Brittany. We finally gave up and started on our way. On the way we stopped at the battleship USS North Carolina. That was neat. I sure would hate to be stuck on one of those things for a long period of time though.

We picked up the kids from their Papa and Mema's house and headed home. We had not been in the house for five minutes when one of my dear unnamed children wet my nice, clean floor. And the laundry, dishes, dirty floors, etc. have not slowed down since.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had a nice relaxing weekend! Believe it or not the whole time we lived in South Carolina I never made it to Myrtle Beach. Oh well, living in Alice, Texas we got enough of Padre Island. I've heard it's nice though!

D.J. Cimino said...

Glad you all had a great time! Was the ship Spencer's idea? glad you enjoyed it... many women don't like war stuff. I am glad Emily doesn't mind it :)

Shoshannah said...

The battleship was Spencer's idea, but it was really neat. I was a history minor is college and loved reading firsthand accounts of being on the ship. Don't ask me any history questions though. I'd have to look up the answer.